Upon returning from a brief hiatus, I am honored by multiple award nominations. Not one but two awesome women nominated me for the “I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed” Award. I’d like to thank Amy (aka SweetMarie) at Picking Up The Pieces as well as Sunshine at A Victim’s Journal for their extreme thoughtfulness. Never in all of my years of living this life did I think I would be willingly telling my story, let alone be recognized for it.
I’m glad that DonCharisma decided to create this award for those of us that will likely never be featured on Freshly Pressed. It’s understandable. I’m sure there are millions of bloggers on WordPress. How can they possibly keep up with all of us to know who really deserves such praise? Of course, for those of us writing about the gloomy topic of domestic violence, I’m sure it’s nothing personal. Why wouldn’t they want to feature a story of how a victim of abuse made it out and is now thriving? Who would even want to read survival stories such as that anyway? I never started this blog for notoriety so I could care less if I were ever featured on Freshly Pressed.
Thank you once again, ladies, for acknowledging my blog. I in turn pass this wonderful award on to the following:
RULES FOR NOMINEES
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award”.
2. Write a blog post and tell us the blog(s) you have chosen- there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required- and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3. Include in your blog post a paragraph about why you’d like to be on WordPress’ Freshly Pressed OR a paragraph on why you couldn’t care less about Freshly Pressed. Up to you
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badge!)
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award” via this link: http://DonCharisma.org/2014/01/01/the-im-not-featured-on-freshly-pressed-award
6. And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then PROUDLY display the award on your blog.
7. If you ever do get officially “Freshly Pressed” then take down this award badge and display the official “Freshly Pressed” badge instead.
Thank you again!