Thank you very much to morganfeese23 who has nominated me for the Brave Heart Award. I am truly honored and appreciative for the accolades.
Rules for Accepting the Award:
1. Thank the person whom nominated you.
2. Post a comment on your nominees blog (with a link back to your Brave Heart Award results), notifying them that they have been nominated for The Brave Heart Award with the quote below.
Stand Strong You Are Not Alone
I call you a survivor, because that is what you are. There are days when you don’t feel like a survivor and there are days when the memories trigger your past and it feels like you are losing the fight – but you are not. Take the past and heal with it. You are strong. I want you to know that the abuse was not your fault. It does not matter what age it happened. You did not deserve it, you did not cause it, and you did not bring it on yourself. You own no shame, guilt, or remorse. In your life, you have faced many demons but look around you and you will see there is hope, and there is beauty. You are beautiful, You are loved, there is hope. You deserve to be loved and treated with respect. You deserve peace and joy in your life. Don’t settle for anything less than that. God has plans for you. Your future does not have to be dictated by your past.
Each step you take you are not alone.
3. Take the 12 question interview yourself and share your answers on your blog.
4. Nominate 12 blogs.
5. Share the 12 question interview with your nominees to answer.
6. Share your 12 nominees website/blog links on your blog page.
7. You can not nominate a blog if they have already received the Brave Heart Award.
Brave Heart Q & A:
1. Tell us about your blog. Who designed it? My blog is about – as plainly stated – a Battered Wife Seeking Better Life. This is the first time I ever blogged and I really didn’t know what I was doing as far as sharing my information. I didn’t know how popular this particular blog sight was and therefore I had no idea who or how many people would actually happen upon my information. So I figured keeping the title simple and honest was my best way to continue to write honestly even if no one ever read it. I picked the design from one of the WordPress preset design choices. It’s called From Dusk to Dawn. Both the style and the title stood out to me.
2. What is the title and description of your blog? As stated above, Battered Wife Seeking Better Life is the title of my blog. It is about my life as a victim of abuse from start to present. Not a pretty or lighthearted subject. Just an honest one.
3. Who is your intended audience? Initially, my intended audience was no one. I figured it was a drop in the bucket of however many blogs might be on this sight and I didn’t really think anyone would pick up on it, which was completely fine by me. However, it turned into way more than anticipated. So today, my intended audience is whoever wants to read it.
4. How did you come up with the title of your blog? I was just trying to keep it simple. It’s what came to mind first.
5. Give us an interesting fun fact about your blog. Fun fact? Hmm… I don’t know. I guess the fact that my blog has been accessed all around the world still amazes me. To date it has been viewed in 45 countries. A couple of which I have never even heard of before. Also, as I publish this (my 58th) post, my blog has been viewed exactly 3,500 times.
6. What other blogs do you own and what makes them alike? This is the main blog, which is more than I can handle some days, and I started a second blog Your Path to Peace, which is a collection of stories from women who escaped their abusers. I haven’t been as active on that one lately but I hope to be more so in the future.
7. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies? I’m too tired to zone in on any one thing in particular. I guess you can say I’m pretty crafty – kind of Martha Stewart-esque.
8. How can we contact you or find out more about your blog? My contact information is listed on my Gravatar. It lists my blogs, Twitter, Facebook and email info.
9. What can we expect from you in the future? In the future, you can expect me to chronicle my life from victim to survivor. I’m very much looking forward to bringing you that exclusive story.
10. What can readers who enjoy your blog do to help make your blog more successful? Keep reading. Keep sharing. On this journey, reading blogs from other women who have been through the same ordeal and who made it out has been inspiring. Maybe my words can reach those who are on here blogging about a completely different topic and possibly inspire them to shed their shame and tell their secret.
11. Do you have any tips for readers or advice for other writers/bloggers? The only advice I have to offer those of you writing about your life of abuse is…don’t stop. Keep writing. It may make you sad or ashamed to relive and retell some of your darkest days but in doing so you are truly letting the light back in to your soul. It’s indescribable. You need to experience it yourself – and you should. So, keep writing.
12. Before you go, could you share a snippet from your blog? Here you go: “What people who are not the victims of abuse don’t understand is the power of the words. Why would I stay? Yes, I was afraid but it wasn’t only that. I knew him. I knew what he was capable of. I knew what he’d be willing to do and far he would go. In essence…I believed him. With 100% faith in my heart and mind, I believed he would do what he said.”
My 12 Nominees for the Brave Heart Award:
1. Teela Hart
Each one of you are truly awe inspiring to me. Thank you so much for sharing your stories.