If I haven’t mentioned it before, I should make mention now … I’m not really known to be a rule follower. I mean, of course, laws are a different story. I don’t go around breaking the law but for some reason when I’m told to do something a specific way … I kind of … don’t. Not really purposely. And not all the time. But if I notice a way that a certain task is done and I’m not really into doing it that way, I just … adjust it. The desired outcome is usually the same it’s just that the road taken was altered. Only slightly.
That being said…
To my surprise, I have been thrice nominated for the Liebster Award. Three wonderful women felt that I was deserving of such and I truly appreciate their kindness. I would like to thank Stronger Soul Survivor, Sunshine and morganfeese23 for the honor. Please be sure to visit their blogs.
Rules for accepting the award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers.
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
Being that I was nominated by three people and there were slight variations of similar questions between them, I kind of picked which 11 questions I liked the most and those are the ones I will be answering.
Liebster Q & A:
1. Describe your personality in three words. Well, this is not as easy as I thought when I picked it. I guess I’d have to say my personality is that of humor, straightforwardness and determination. Whether others appreciate that about me or not is the question! Sheesh, it’s hard to describe yourself without sounding like you are tooting your own horn. I mean who would actually say they’re lazy, ignorant and selfish anyway?
2. In your opinion, what is the best thing about you? I would say the best thing about me is that I am loyal. If I like you. Which, if I deal with you at all then I like you. If you’re not my cup of tea then you’re lucky you get a hello.
3. What would you say is the biggest passion in your life? I think I have a few actually. Whichever is taking up my most concentration at any giving time is the passion du jour. So, today my biggest passion is writing. It has been since about the 10th grade. I still have stories that I wrote in English class, filled with the same humor and sarcasm that you’ve been blessed with reading here.
4. Name one person who has made a significant impact on your life. The one person who has made a significant impact on my life is definitely my friend “R” who I met in the 3rd grade. After high school graduation we didn’t see or speak to each other for 20 years. Once we reconnected our friendship became closer and stronger then either one of us ever imagined it would. His outlook on life and the way he carries himself as a human being has impacted me most. I drive him completely crazy but he always gives me the time of day. Plus, he has talked me off the ledge on numerous occasions, for that I am eternally grateful.
5. Who do you write for? Hmm. Initially, I guess, I wrote just for writing. Over the years, I realized my writing came directly from intense emotions I was feeling at that moment – love, hate, happiness, etc. Making the change over from stories and poems to blogging was for me and me alone. My diary. I still write for me and it still comes from an emotional place but now I also write for you.
6. What is the motivating factor for you to blog? I’d say the motivating factor, at this time (6 months in) is pretty much to hold myself accountable. I’ve come too far to shut up now. So no matter what it may be that I am posting, it’s out of necessity to keep myself on point. Does that make sense?
7. What have you learned about yourself from blogging? Hellooo…that I’m totally awesome!! Just kidding – I knew that way before blogging was invented! Lol. Seriously though, I learned that I am stronger than I ever thought I was. And that I’m not alone. I mean, I knew I wasn’t the only one this was happening to but the fact that SO MANY women are writing about it totally blows my mind. It sucks that this is even a topic but the fact that it’s not only me makes me feel….fearless.
8. What do you think is the best thing about blogging? The best thing about blogging is that we can be totally anonymous yet still get to know each other on a completely personal level. The fact that no one – we know – is judging us allows a certain comfort in being completely honest. It’s made the process of telling – my secrets – that much easier.
9. How many revisions does it take before you finally publish? I love this question. Only because I don’t really revise and barely reread before I hit publish. At the most, I just look over what I am saying as I’m typing it. Which can be attested to by the latest friend who I’ve let read my blog. She was sending me typos along the way, which was totally awesome because at this point, when I go back and reread posts here and there if I notice something and don’t revise it then and there…well…your friends become your editors. 🙂
10. If the internet went down would you still continue to write? Most definitely. I wrote before there was an internet and I will after it is a distant memory. Most of the poetry I write is done with pen and paper anyway. I am an aggressive writer and when it is pouring out I need to feel the power of my thoughts moving through my hand. (Side Note: Add aggressive to the list of personality description. None of my friends would argue that!)
11. What type of blogs do you follow? Mostly, I follow anything that makes me laugh, think, even cry. If I am following you, it’s because your words have moved me in some sort of way. The bulk of them probably being blogs of survival, empowerment, poetry and the hysterical stories of your life.
My 11 Nominees for this prestigious Liebster Award are:
Thank you all for your contribution to WordPress. As noted above, you have either made me laugh, made me cry or made me think. I may not always have something to say (to my surprise) but I pay attention. You are all awesome and deserve way more.
Please reuse the 11 questions listed above and remember…follow the rules!